Pure Organic Ajwain from Arvind Pansari
Synonyms of ajwain
Arabic Name : Kummun al-malik, Nanakhwah, Ajwayn
Bengali Name : Ajowan, Jowan, Yavani, Yamani
Chinese Name : Yin du zang, Hui xiang
English Name : Bishop’s Weed, Omum, Ajowan, Lovage
French Name : Ajowan, Ammi
German Name : Ajowan, Indischer Kümmel
Gujarati Name : Ajma, Ajmo, Yavan, Javain
Hindi Name : Ajwain, Ajwayan
Kannada Name : Oma, Yom, Omu
Kashmiri Name : Javend
Latin name : Trachyspermum ammi Sprague.
Marathi Name : Onwa, Onba
Persian Name : Nankhwah, Zeniyan
Punjabi Name : Jawain
Sanskrit Name : Yavani, Yavanika
Urdu Name : Ajwain Desi (Seeds), Sat Ajwain (Thymol)
- The ajwain seeds possess antifungal, antimicrobial, antiseptic properties.
- Ajwain is best antispasmodic agent togather with saunf. As it is aromatic, bitter, carminative, and digestive, hence very useful in abdominal disorders
- Ajwain is diuretic, so benifits in renal clearence
- Ajwain when used with black salt it acts as expectorant.
- They are used in respiratory disorders. It is useful in chest congestion occurring due to accumulated cough. In conditions like whooping cough and asthmatic bronchitis it is used alongside the main line of treatment.
- The seeds can be taken orally and/or used externally for fomentation of the respiratory area. They have proven their effectiveness in common conditions like rhinitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, bronchitis, etc.
For Cleaning Wounds
As Ajwain contains component called thymol in its seeds hence it acts as a strong fungicide and germicide. Thus, ajwain seeds can be crushed and applied on the skin to treat infections or cuts.
To Stop Greying of Hair
- Ajwain seeds help in halting pre-mature greying of hair. To prepare this mixture, add
- curry leaves,
- dry grapes,
- sugar and
- carom seeds , in a single cup of water and cook.
- Drink one glass of this every day until you start seeing the results.
The volatile oil (Thymol) and the seeds are useful in flatulence, indigestion, colic, diarrhoea, cholera, hysteria and spasmodic affections of the bowels and checks chronic discharges such as profuse expectoration in bronchitis. Relieves muscle spasms.
Recommended Dosage : Seeds :- 3 to 6 g powder; Thymol : 30 mg to 120 mg
Contraindication : This herb is not recommended during pregnancy or lactation.