Dosage: 1 teaspoonful (3 to 6 g) per day, with plain water, after meals.
Health Benefits and Uses of Gorakhmundi
- Gallstones:Gorakhmundi is a very beneficial remedy for uterine, other diseases related to the vagina, also in the absence of stones and gallstones.
- Eyes:Gorakhmundi is used as the tribal folk remedy for various disorders of ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat Disorders) and ophthalmology. Consumption over a period of time can boost’s eyesight. Take 3-4 fresh flowers of Gorakhmundi and pond it with a two teaspoon of sesame oil. Regular consumption will help to make your eyesight better and also free from red eyes.
- Naru Disease (Guinea Worm Disease):Grind the leaves of Gorakhmundi and plaster at the infected area (Naru disease) you will find relief and diseases will go within few days according to condition. Naru disease is also named as Bala Disease; this disease is generally caused by drinking dirty water.
- Vata disease:Mix Gorakhmundi powder, ghee, honey and take it in the morning and evening you will find relief in disease related to vata. You can also take powder of Gorakhmundi and Saunth with equal quantity in hot water to removes the pain of common vata.
- Leprosy:If you have leprosy take the powder of Gorakhmundi, powder of neem bark and prepare the decoction, take this decoction in the morning and evening to cure leprosy.
The Antiallergic Activity: S. indicus effects were studied in stabilizing MCAS (mast cell activity). The preventive effect of different extracts of the whole plant of S. indicus was performed against sheep placenta serum. The ethanolic extract of S. indicus at doses 150 and 300 mg kg-1 and the ethyl acetate extract dose range from100 and 300 mg kg-I showed better protection of mast cell degranulation (77-86%) slightly to standard drug ketotifen (75%) in the model sheep serum. These extracts also showed better mast cell activity (77-88%) than the standard drug (69%) stabilization. These results suggest that mast cell has potent S. indicus inhibitory effects thus mediator release from mast cells stabilization.