Arabic Name : Neem
Bengali Name : Nim, Nimgach
English Name : Indian Lilac, Neem, Margosa
French Name : Azadirachta de l’lnde
German Name : Niembaum, Neembaum, Nimbaum
Gujarati Name : Limbro
Hindi Name : Neem, Nimb
Kannada Name : Bevu, Bevinamar
Kashmiri Name : Neem
Latin name : Melia azadirachta Linn.
Marathi Name : Nimb, Limb, Kadunimb, Balantanimb
Persian Name : Azad Darakhte Hindi
Punjabi Name : Nimb, Nim
Sanskrit Name : Nimba, Nimbaka
Urdu Name : Neem, Neeb
The benefits and value of neem (Azadirachta indica) tree and all its parts, do not require any introduction. Their uses in curing and preventing many diseases not only in humans but also in animals have been known to mankind for long. Neem is also used to protect plants from pests and insects, neem is also used to stimulate the growth of plants as it is considered to be a natural manure without any toxic effects. We give below some of the most important benefits
Benefits of Neem
- Neem is considered best anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and blood purifying agent and is helpful in skin related problems and keep the skin healthy and glowing.
- Neem is helpful as a tonic and astringent that promotes wound healing.
- Neem has detoxifying recompense that helps keep healthy circulatory, digestive, respiratory, and urinary systems of the body.
- Neem extract has anti-diabetic, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral actions that makes it a wonderful herb.
- It is helpful in treating fever like malarial fever and various cutaneous diseases.
- Due to presence of bitter taste it is beneficial in indigestion, constipation and restoring taste of mouth.
- Neem helps in fighting with the intestinal worms there by act as a de-worming agent.
- Neem extract is highly suggested in hyperacidity and epigastric pain.
- Good results of neem powder have also been seen in gastritis.
- Neem is widely and comprehensively used as powerful blood purifier.
- It gives excellent results in conditions like diabetes incipidus and diabetes mellitus due to occurrence of bitter taste.
- It is very supportive in curing urinary tract infection (UTI)
- It kindles liver for proper functioning consequently helps in maintaining proper secretions of liver.
- Neem acts on all kinds of skin related problems and provides good relief.
- Since ancient times neem leaves have been used as an agent that helps in increasing vision as it helps in repressing kapha dosha disorders thus liberating congestion on eyeballs caused due to mucus accretion in sinuses.
- It helps in reducing surplus urination.
- It has given excellent results in diseases like gonorrhea and syphilis
Properties of Neem Being Used for :-
- Anti bacterial
- Anti fungal
- Anti Inflammatory
- Anti viral
- Blood purifying
- Anti toxic