- Arabic Name : Turbud Bengali Name : Teudi, Tvuri English Name : Turpeth Root, Indian Jalap French Name : Turbith Vegetal German Name : Indische Jalape, Turpethwurzel Gujarati Name : Nasottar Hindi Name : Nisot, Nisoth, Nishoth, Pithori Kannada Name : Vili Tigade Latin name : Ipomoea turpethum R. Br. Marathi Name : Shetvad, Nishotar, Tend Persian Name : Turbud Sanskrit Name : Kalaparni, Nishotra, Triputa, Trivruth Urdu Name : Turbud Safed, Nisoth
- This herb is loaded with the cleaning and purgative properties. It helps in easy stool passing and also increases the bowel movements. It helps to prevent the constipation also.
- Use of this herb is quite good to resolve problem of hemorrhoids. It helps to provide relief in the symptoms associated with hemorrhoids like itching, irritation, redness, soreness and swelling around anus.
- This is known to a good in the treatment of edema as it helps to expel out the extra water from body. Furthermore it helps to manage the symptoms like puffiness or swelling of tissues under skin, increase in abdomen size and stretched skin.
- This herb also supports the good health of liver. It helps in the cleaning of liver by removal of toxins.
- Purgative action of this herb is quite beneficial in various stomach disorders like flatulence, indigestion and unsatisfactory bowel movements etc.