Fitkari was used for various treatments due to its astringent, analgesic, haemostatic, desiccative, expulsive for foetus and placenta, antipyretic, detergent, corrosive, expectorant, emetic and irritant property.
FOR PIMPLES – ACNE
Take 4 grams of Alum powder with ½ liter of water, mix them well.
• Now apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes.
• Then rinse off your scalp and hair with herbal shampoo.
• If you apply this regularly, you will definitely see the reduction in the head lice.
FOR CRACKED HEELS
Take 2 spoons of Alum powder
•1 spoon of Coconut oil and 1spoon of honey
•Apply this mixture on the cracked heels or feet.
•Massage it for 4-5 minutes and leave it for 10-15 minutes
•Finally wash it off with lukewarm water
•Repeated this for least 2 to 3 times a week to get rid of cracked heels naturally.
•You will find in few days your heels will become soft and smooth without any cracks.
Note: You can use any other oil availed to you such as olive oil, Lavender, rosemary etc.
English: Alum,Potash, Sulphate of Aluminium, Ammonium, Aluminous Sulphate.
• Arabic: Zaj abyaz, Shibe yamani.
• Persian: Zak safed,Zamah.
• Bangali: Phatphadi, Phatkiri.
• Marathi: Phatki.
• Sindhi: Patki.
• Urdu: Phitkari.
• Hindi: Phitkari, Fitkari
• Tamil: Patikaram, Padikharam, Shinacarum.
• Telgu: Pattikaramu, Patika.
• Kannada: Phatikara, Patika.
• Sanskrit: Sphatikari, Surashtraja, Kamakshi, Venmali.
• Malayalam:Fatakadi or Phatakadi
• Gujarati: Phatakadi.