- Texts of Ayurveda recommend this in treatment of gout.
- This herb stimulates liver and detoxifies it. Hence Ayurveda acharyas recommend its use in liver diseases like jaundice, liver enlargement and indigestion.
- Root of this herb normalises bowel movement and relieves bloating which happens due to constipation.
- It strengthens the nervous system and reduces weakness.
- Seeds of Kokilaksha are used in ayurvedic aphrodisiac preparations.
- These seeds increase sperm count and sperm motility.
- The extract of kokilaksha helps immensely in erectile dysfunction.