Pterocarpus Marsupium is widely used in Ayurveda for the therapy of condtions like diarrhea, viriligo, eczema, psoriasis, obesity and diabetes.
The anti-hyperlipdemic properties of Vijaysar tree helps in reducing total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein and serum triglyceride levels in the body. The antibacterial and astringent properties of Vijaysar helps to treat cuts, bruises and other skin problems.
There are various medicinal benefits that can be fetched from the use of Pterocarpus marsupium and they are:
- The tree helps in controlling the levels of blood sugar in people suffering from diabetes. Not only this, it also reduces triglycerides and cholesterol. The tree also helps in lowering the signs of diabetes like over eating, frequent urination, burning pains and regular thirsts.
- It is one of the most effective options for treating diarrhoea. Its bark and resin are used for dealing with diarrhoea and ulceratie colitis.
- The astringent properties of Vijaysaar are quite effective in balancing pitta. It also helps in healing bleeding issues and gout.
- Intestinal parasites can be easily eradicated by consuming an herbal tea made using the bark of the Vijaysaar tree.
- Pterocarpus marsupium is also used for healing skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema. For this, it is used in the form of a skin tonic.
- The astringent properties of Vijaysaar make it is one of the best options for curing dental problems like toothache. Twigs and bard of this tree can be used in the form of a toothbrush.